The Rotary club of Kampala is a member of Rotary International and is club number 17287. It is the oldest Rotary club in Uganda having been chartered in 1957, and is one of the most respected clubs in District 9211 because of the way it is organized, the composition of its membership and the way it conducts Rotary business. The club draws its membership from the different professions in Kampala.
The Rotary Club of Kampala is a company limited by guarantee. It is led by a Board of Directors who are given the mandate by the members to conduct business on their behalf. The Board is composed of Rotarians who are members of the Rotary Club of Kampala and are appointed by the appointment committee to carry out club activities.
Our Shared Vision of healthy literate and wealthy communities in Uganda.
Mission is to serve society through humanitarian projects in areas of health, education & poverty alleviation.
In its endeavor to serve the community, the Rotary Club of Kampala is guided by;
The club is proud to have conducted a number of life changing projects over the years of its existence in the areas of health & nutrition, education and economic empowerment including
- The birth of the “Gift of Life” project
- The two 3-H Grants at Mwanamugimu and Salaama Shield Foundation, Lyantonde: These grants were in the health sector where one was a national nutritional project implemented at Mulago hospital and the other was an HIV prevention project implemented in Lyantonde respectively.
- The Micro-finance projects in Jinja, Mubende, Kyegegwa and Kyenjojo: These projects aimed at financially empowering women through small loans.
- Send-a-cow project: This was a project targeting widows and was aimed at helping them care for the orphans and other vulnerable children in their households
- The several literacy projects equipping schools with books, construction of classroom blocks and furniture for schools
- The girl-child education project where a girl from Kanungu has been able to attain an education up to university level.